L&A uses different tools to accelerate its clients’ leadership development and are selected to address their particular needs.
Leadership Assessment Instruments
We are certified in the use of various leadership assessment instruments, self-assessments, and 360 degree instruments, to raise leaders’ awareness and enhance their leadership capacity. We also use leadership culture surveys to diagnose organizations’ current leadership culture and inform leadership development efforts to meet cultural challenges associated with acquisitions, mergers, and restructuring plans.
“The starting point of leadership is self!” Unknown
Most leadership efforts today focus primarily on observable and tangible aspects of a situation. This limited view often results in quick fixes that are short-lived. L&A uses an integral framework to address leadership development challenges and opportunities.
The framework provides a way of thinking about individuals and systems and generates a dialogue between the personal aspects of leadership and its organizational aspects. The framework ensures that our work fully supports change or development from every angle by taking into account both interior factors – such as thinking, feeling, culture, and values – and exterior factors – such as behaviors, skills, strategies, structures, and processes – at both the individual and organizational levels. In addition to working across these four dimensions, the framework considers the vertical growth of individuals and systems: pre-conventional, conventional, and post-conventional.
“The significant problems we face today cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.” Albert Einstein
L&A apply different leading edge practices to accelerate our clients’ leadership transformation. Action learning, new behavior generator process, generative dialogue, open space technology, and theory U are some of the practices that we incorporate in our work with clients. These practices attempt to bring about change at the personal leadership level, the organizational leadership level, and the broader system leadership level.
- Action Learning is a process that enables leaders to solve real problems effectively and efficiently, while at the same time focusing on what they are learning. They come to realise that their learning is beneficial at the personal level, the team level, and the organization level.
- New Behavior Generator Process helps leaders and teams overcome their limitations – their immunity to change – to become more successful. This process is founded on the idea of transformative languages and rooted in adult development research.
- Generative Dialogue is a dialogic approach that expands leaders’ capacity to communicate and connect with others, even in complex situations with multiple stakeholders.
- Open Space Technology is considered a powerful meeting method for both large and small group intervention. It creates an environment for innovation, problem solving, creativity, teamwork, rapid change, and learning.
- Polarity Thinking is a practice that helps leaders move from an either/or mindset to a both/and mindset. This new way of thinking allows leaders to move toward a more inclusive and broader perspective.
- Theory U is a methodology that helps leaders to be more effective in operating from a deeper level of awareness in creating the future that wants to emerge.